1/2 mug quinoa
12 pods of broad beans
1 small courgette
1 small clove garlic
juice 1/2 lemon
twice as much EVOO, plus more for frying
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
approx 1 tbsp plain gluten free flour
small handful celery leaves
– Put in pan with twice as much water (measure it). Pop the lid on, bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for around 15 mins or until all the water has been absorbed.
– Meanwhile, pod the broad beans. Blanche in boiling water for 2 – 3 mins them quickly immerse in cold water. Pinch to remove white casing.
– Slice courgette at an angle, about 2mm thick. Mix flour with a pinch of salt and a few twists of pepper, and spread out on a plate. Dip each courgette slice into flour mixture on both sides, and shake off excess. Fry for a few minutes either side, or until golden brown.
– In pestle & mortar, bash up garlic with a little salt. Add lemon juice and twice as much EVOO.
– Roughly chop walnuts. Finely slice celery leaves.
– Mix quinoa, broad beans and walnuts in a bowl, and dress with the lemon dressing.
– Arrange courgette slices over a plate. Add quinoa salad on top and garnish with the celery leaves. Enjoy!