150-200g pasta, depending how hungry you are (I used Co-op Free From)
1 onion (I used red onion, but white would be
good or a leek would be very tasty)
10 small new potatoes
2 handfuls of fresh peas (frozen would work fine)
1 clove of garlic
175ml Soya cream
3 tsp pesto
a little extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
– Put a big pot of water on to boil for your pasta, and put the tatties on to boil in lightly salted water.
– Shell the peas, slice the onion and crush the garlic.
– Heavily salt the pasta water and put pasta in to cook.
– In a frying pan heat a little oil, add salt and plenty of pepper.
– Saute garlic for a minute. Add onion and saute until onion is soft. Add in peas until they’re coated with oil.
– Add pesto and cream to pan and stir to combine. Add in a ladleful of pasta water and stir again. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Leave to come to a simmer.
– Drain the tatties and slice or half, depending on size. Add tatties to cream sauce and stir.
– Drain the pasta, reserving a little more water if your sauce looks too thick. Add pasta, and water if needed, to the sauce and stir everything together.
– Serve with rocket and/or nooch, as preferred. Enjoy 🙂