2 tbsp pesto (shop bought is fine too, Sacla do a dairy free one, no judgement)
1 handful fresh peas
3 handfuls GF pasta (any old kind you like, or even courgetti spaghetti!)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp dried mint (you can defo sub fresh, just add with the rocket instead)
2 handfuls rocket
2 tsp nooch
1 small handful pine nuts
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small courgette, thinly sliced (I use a veg peeler)
a dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
1 shallot, or half a white onion, thinly sliced
half a red onion for that matter
- Put on a large pot of water to boil.
- Make the pesto if you’re making it.
- Throw in your pasta and plenty of salt.
- Heat a little olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, mint and garlic and saute for a minute. Add in onion here if you’re using and saute until soft.
- Add peas, and courgette if you’re using. Add a splash of the pasta water and allow to cook until peas are soft.
- Stir in pesto and nooch, and a splash more pasta water. Add tomatoes if you’re using.
- Drain pasta and stir in into sauce. Transfer to serving dish. Scatter over rocket and pinenuts. Enjoy! 🙂