Handful of new tatties
small handful of fresh mint
knob of butter
drizzle of EVOO
salt & pepper
juice of half a lemon
1 large clove garlic
2 handfuls leafy greens (I used turnip tops,
but spinach or kale or anything you want will
small handful pinenuts
8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
4 cloves garlic
– Preheat oven to 225°C.
– Prick aubergine with a fork, put in a roasting tin and salt. Put in oven for 30 mins.
– OPTION 2 – Also put tomatoes and garlic in oven. Put quinoa on to cook. (1:2 quinoa to water, simmer with a lid on until all the water is absorbed.)
– Put tatties on to boil in lightly salted water.
– Crush garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in greens and wilt.
– In a wee bowl whisk together tahini, EVOO, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
– OPTION 1 – after 20 mins of aubergine being in oven, pop the cherry tomatoes in for the last 10.
– OPTION 2 – After 20 mins remove tomatoes and garlic from oven and push through a sieve with a wooden spoon. Pop the liquid on a high heat to reduce until it is a thick sauce.
– Drain tatties and toss them in a little dairy-free butter (Flora freedom is nice) or EVOO. Finely chop mint and toss that through too.
– Assemble! Option 1 peeps – take top of aubergine, cut in half and put on a plate. Put greens on top, and cherry toms on top of that. Drizzle with tahini dressing and scatter over pinenuts. Serve with tatties.
– Option 2 peeps – arrange greens on a plate. Take top off aubergine, slice in half and put on top. Top aubergine with quinoa, pour over tomato sauce and drizzle with tahini. Scatter over pinenuts and serve with the tatties.