20 mins. Serves 1 hungry person.
3 Dee’s traditional sausages
1 small onion
3/4 mini Portobello mushrooms (or a couple of big ones)
2 medium tatties
handful of green beans
1 small garlic clove
a big spoonful of dairy free butter
splash of plant milk of your choosing
100ml red wine
2 tsp maple syrup
1 veggie stock cube, or 2 tsp bouillon powder
1 glug of extra virgin olive oil
a couple pinches of sea salt and a freshly ground black pepper
– Preheat the grill to hot.
– Wash, peel and dice tatties. Bring to the boil in a pan of water with a pinch of sea salt.
– Put the sausages under the grill. Keep an eye on them, and you’ll have to turn them halfway (about 5 mins in).
– Top and tail the green beans and pop in a steamer on top of your tatties.
– Finely chop or mince the garlic. Slice the onion and mushrooms. Heat the EVOO in a deep frying pan. Add a pinch of sea salt and the garlic and sauté for about a minute. Then add mushrooms and onion, and sauté until soft. Pour in the wine and cook off the alcohol – takes a few minutes, give it a careful sniff when you think it’s done and if it’s not you’ll know about it. Add in the stock cube or powder, maple syrup and a few twists of black pepper and reduce until it’s thick, runny, almost gravy like consistency.
– Drain the tatties and mash them up with the “butter” and “milk” until very smooth.
– Serve a pile of mash, with green beans on top, sausages on top of that and the gravy generously poured over the whole lot. Enjoy!