Victoria Plum Parfait
This started as a way to use up some of the annual glut of plums from the garden and turned into something really rather delightful – sweet, tart, tangy and creamy and tasting far too decadent for the simplicity of the ingredients. It makes a wonderful breakfast with a handful of granola scattered over the top, or would make a lovely dessert just as it is.
- 2lb ripe Victoria plums
- 3 oz unrefined sugar (or equivalent)
- Zest of one large lemon and the juice of half the lemon (if yours is a small lemon or not very juicy you may want to add more)
- Natural soy yoghurt (I used Alpro Plain and Simple)
- De-seed and chop the plums quite roughly
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, lemon zest, juice and a little water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and poach gently for a few minutes until the plums are very soft. Let them cool a little
- When cool, ripple some of the compote through a serving of yoghurt and voilà!